2.22.2010

My half assed NYFW review

New York Fashion Week Fall 10 was a blur. It kicked off with the death of Alexander McQueen RIP <3 and a snow storm. Shows and parties got canceled, rescheduled, etc. This also was the last season at the tents. The tents at Bryant Park, through the seasons, have become more and more of a freak show. I don't know how to explain it, but this season it just felt dirty.

I had a LOAD of shows lined up through work but only made it to about 4 or 5. It was a mixture of things that made it hard for me to turn up. I was having a fun weekend outside the fashion industry, hanging out with people who just like to party, listen to good music, and have fun. I didn't want to trade that in to go sit in a room with old fashion types pushing each other in an effort to get closer to the runway. Worse are the ones that talk shit to one another about how someone gained weight or the ones that twit pic each look, not really taking in the scene.

Anyways, I made it to Risto, Jen Kao, TSE by Jason Wu, SIKI IM, and some others that obv. werent good enough to be remembered. As for fashion week parties, Jeremy Scott, a magazine party (i think it was THE LAST mag. i forget), some thing at tribeca grand for some designer. BLAH BLAH BLAH.

It was Tiff and Eri's bdayzz that week so I focused on that.

Here are some pictures:
 
snow

  
RIP outside McQueen

Risto was good, people there sucked, pics coming soon

Jen Kao, Mediocre, didn't take pics

TSE

 
I said fuck Seven NY's anniversary and made it to the Ed Banger anniversary. Here I am singing "I Cant Live" by Mariah via SO ME.

 
Sunday afternoon at FAO > Araks & Hervé Léger

 
SIKI IM presentation, that was good. Except they were delayed like an hour. Was able to talk my way into backstage as "Press" Well I guess I could be considered press, so I DIDN'T LIE!

 Her hair <3
They got some HxC band from NJ to play during the presentation, it was AWESOME. Really set the mood.
IF ANYONE CAN TELL ME WHO THIS BOY IS I WILL LOVE YOU FOREVER, ugh. I FELL IN LOVE WHEN I SAW HIS BEAUTIFUL FACE. DYINGGGGGGGGGGG.
He was hot too
all of them were...

 
Fav. sponsorship at NYFW was Ben and Jerry's at Jeremy Scott


  

Tiff Eri & Moi
  
Ganguro bday girl Eri after Jeremy Scott and LIT

FIN

Note: I realize I shit all over the fashion industry in this post, taking shit for granted and what not. SORRY I LOVE YOU FASHION BUT SOMETIMES YOU ARE TOO MUCH. I need to balance you out with other ish from time to time.

No comments: