3.11.2010

Selma's Pabbi

***WARNING: MR. TOOHEY DO NOT JUDGE MY POOR WRITING ABILITY, I AM A STUDENT OF FASHION NOT POLITICS. ALSO...I AM SORRY MY BLOG IS SO VULGAR, THE KIDS LIKE IT!***

Oh and sorry if I offend those fash kids who know how to write, good for you. SORRY SORRY SORRY.

Hello everyone,

I would like to introduce a very important person you should all know... J. Toohey aka. Pabbi.

FUN FACT: He is Irish.
FUN FACT: He uses Kerry Gold butter most of his meals because its Irish.
FUN FACT: He is catering my wedding (more on that below)
FUN FACT: He speaks Icelandic, French, and Arabic (I think)

Pabz is the father of my best-friend-forever, Selma Drofn Toohey (more on her at another time). He is a quiet yet witty man, always quick to make fun of our stupidity (actually I don't think he's quiet, maybe it's just that we can't really engage convo with him yet...babiez) When he's not in the living room watching the news or reading the paper, he can be found behind the grill and/or stove. He buys my friend sophisticated gifts like fancy luggage and gold dipped-leather bound books. I am pretty sure he dropped out of highschool and educated himself by reading on his own time. (I prob made that up to make me think he is 1000 times cooler but maybe not) Whatever, point is he is really smart. Mr. Toohey installs satellites...IN OUTERSPACE!

During dinner he talks about poems and stuff, I just nod because I don't recognize most of them. I have learned SO MUCH from those dinner talks yet I couldn't tell you what right now because my brain is decaying via no mental stimulation. BUT lets just say some topics include but are not limited to: black holes, immigration, and baguettes.

I have been friends with Selma since Sophomore year of High School, her home is like a second home to me. Super scandinavian looking on the inside, it reminds me of a country style home in Iceland (the family is Icelandic&Irish). It has light blue and white floral embossed walls and white wood paneling. The slanted ceiling is high and made of a light wood. They have a cool looking chimney too. It's probably the coziest home in the world, except it's always freezing in that house. I like my house too Patricia, don't get offended. When Pat does decide to cook a meal for the family we have a blast at the dinner table making fun of eachother. My sis and I love make faces at our parents when they are not looking, it kills us... I don't know why it's so funny to us. Anyways, back to my story, I love being at Sel's house. You come in and her mom is outside or inside doing a cross-word puzzle and her little bro is playing jazz in his room THEN Mr. Toohey arrives from the grocer with the ingredients for that evenings meal. WINE, FRENCH BREAD, AND BUTTER are always on the list.

When Pabz buys groceries he always remembers to buy for 5(avec moi) and not for 4(sans moi). I love crashing their dinners. MY FAV is when he makes steak! Only the best cuts of course, we make sure Selma doesn't get the Fillet Mignon cause that girl can't apreeshhh!! The moment she pours the A1 on the fillet Pabz gets sooo mad. LOVE IT, but I can't blame her cause I put A1 on EVERYTHING. Sometimes he makes a special gravy I use as a dip for my bread, it's soooo amazing. I cant really explain the meals in detail, I can just tell you it's uber gourmet. You have to be there. The breads always warm, we always have red wine and great conversations.
Typical Dinner

Here are a few images that remind me of Monsieur Toohey

MR TOOHEY,

Like most girls, I have already intricately planned out my wedding; from the general location to the lighting treatments. Clearly, I have a lot of free time to day dream... ANYWAYS, I would love for you to be part of this plan. I would JUST DIE if you catered my wedding. I've already told everyone you are going to so there is no turning back. There's a lot in it for you actually; you'll get to enjoy a week long stay in a lovely castle OR huge country home at a vineyard (where my wedding will be held), bonding time with Selma, the joy of seeing me happy, wild flower picking, and all the wine you could ever want. Just don't forget 10 years from now, I am serious! First I've got to find a mate, then we will get serious and start planning. HOPE YOU ARE ON BOARD!

Your Friend,

Maria Teresa Sampedro

WATCH MR. TOOHEY IN ACTION HERE!:
[3/10/10 3:22:14 PM] Selma Toohey: i said to my dad i cant believe you are so good in front of the camera
[3/10/10 3:22:35 PM] Selma Toohey: he said 'i know .. we tried to get brad pitt but due to scheduling conflicting they had to get me to do instead. we're still working on Pitt for part 2'

3 comments:

Selma Dröfn said...

hahahaha maria this made my night <3 <3 i love you maria teresa samtoohey xoxoxoxo

Sarah said...

omg hahahahahahah aamazing i miss your house and selmas house SO BAD RIHGHTGNOW

Sarah said...

omg hahahahahahah aamazing i miss your house and selmas house SO BAD RIHGHTGNOW